Unilateral Knee Replacement Treatment in India
Due to severe knee pain are you finding it difficult to go about your normal activities like walking or bathing or taking part in other activities that you like doing the most? If so, Knee Replacement also called as Knee Arthroplasty may be the perfect solution for you.
Knee Replacement is a surgical process that enables the resurface of the knee joint. The purpose of this procedure is to reduce pain and functional disability and involves the replacement of a totally worn, damaged diseased knee with an artificial joint.
You would have many questions about Knee Replacement Surgery, so we have listed here information to most of the frequently asked queries or questions. In case you have any further questions or would like any other assistance, feel free to write to us.
High Flex Knee Replacement Surgery Cost In India
- Single 4600
- Twin 3750
cost in USD
(In ranges) 2100-5000
- USD Approximate -
Recommended Doctors For High Flex Knee Replacement
Consultant, MBBS, DNB, 20 years of experience
Head of Department, MBBS, MS, 27 years of experience
Director, MBBS, MS, MCh, 35 years of experience
Senior Consultant, MBBS, MS, FRCS, 24 years of experience
Senior Consultant, MBBS, D.Ortho, MS, 18 years of experience
High Flex Knee Replacement Treatment in India
Symptoms for Detecting Knee Replacement
Typically it is understood that age and gender is a factor in the consideration for deciding on a knee replacement. But it is not a correct understanding, generally the only reason for surgical replacement depends on the degree of severity and disability. While knee replacement surgery is mostly recommended for older people, but even a teenager, an young adult or a middle aged person may need to undergo knee replacement if there is excessive wear and tear of the knee joint.
This surgery is mostly recommended due to the following reasons or indications:
- Severe knee pain and stiffness
- Continuous Pain
- Chronic Knee inflammation and swelling
- Chronic Knee deformity
- Failure of Medical treatments
Medical Test and diagnosis for Knee Replacement
Before the Knee Replacement procedure a complete physical examination plus several diagnostic tests including blood test will be done.
- Prior to the surgery the doctor should be informed of the complete medical history (such as hemophilia, blood pressure, diabetes, and pregnancy) of the patient. Also if the patient has taken any medications (including aspirin) or has any drug allergy, it should be informed.
- The patient is advised to stop smoking for as long as possible prior to the surgical procedure.
Treatment Procedure for Knee Replacement
The key outcome of knee arthroplasty is to provide relief from pain caused by severe arthritis. Depending on the extent of damage of the knee there are two types of knee replacement surgery that are performed:
- Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
The Knee Replacement Procedure
- The Knee replacement surgery or knee arthoplasty will last up to 2-3 hours. The damaged portions of the knee will be replaced by implants made of metal alloys, strong plastic parts or ceramic materials. A cemented prosthesis(an artificial body part) is the most common type of the artificial knee replacement. A cemented prosthesis attaches to the bone with surgical cement.
- The surgery procedure can begin with the starting of an intravenous (IV) line in your arm or hand & also a urinary catheter can be inserted.
- The skin over the surgical site will be cleansed with an antiseptic solution.
- The anesthesia given could be spinal anesthesia or general anesthesia. In spinal anesthesia the patient will not feel anything below the waist while in general anesthesia the patient will be asleep during the surgery.
- The surgeon will start the operation by making an incision in the knee area.
- The surgeon will then remove the damaged surfaces of the knee joint and resurface the knee joint with the artificial parts or prosthesis
- Prosthesis is mostly comprised of 3 components: the tibial component (to resurface the top of the tibia, or shin bone), the femoral [thigh bone] component (to resurface the end of the thighbone and the patellar component (to resurface the bottom of the kneecap that rubs against the thighbone).
- Incision will be closed with stitches or surgical staples & a drain may be placed in the incision site to remove fluid.
- A sterile bandage or dressing will be applied.
After the Knee Replacement procedure
After the surgery, patient is kept in the recovery room for few hours. Patient will be hospitalised for 4-6 days. Mostly people recover within 12 months after the surgery, but the recovery time will differ depending on the age and overall health.
- Must Know About Knee Replacement Surgery
- About Knee Replacement Implants
Factors Affecting the Cost of Knee Replacement Treatment
Following are the factors which will affect the treatment cost:
- The hospital chosen by the patient.
- Kind of Room taken and number of nights. There are different prices for standard single room, deluxe room or a super deluxe room. This could also include nursing fee, meals, room rate and room service
- Operating room and ICU charges
- Fee for the team of doctors (Surgeons ,Anesthesist ,Physiotherapist ,Dietician )
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures
- Whether the surgery is for single knee or both knee
- Implant being used
- Cost of the follow–up care required after the procedure