Fibroid Removal Treatment in India
Fibroids are non cancerous tumour of muscular tissue which generally develops in the wall of the uterus. The surgical removal of fibroid, with reconstruction and repair of the uterus is called as Myomectomy. This procedure provides an option to women who wish to be pregnant in the future by keeping their uterus intact. Before the myomectomy procedure the fibroids can be shrunk with gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue (GnRH-a) therapy. This can reduce blood loss from the surgery.
Here we are listing most frequently asked information about Fibroid Removal Myomectomy Surgery. In case you have any further questions or would like any other assistance, feel free to write to us.
Fibroid Removal Surgery Cost In India
- Single 2
- Twin 2
cost in USD
- USD Approximate USD 2,200
Recommended Doctors For Fibroid Removal
Chairman, MBBS, MD, Diploma, Diploma, Fellowship, 30 years of experience
Fibroid Removal Treatment in India
Symptoms for Detecting Fibroids
The symptoms of the presence of fibroids differ for different women. While some women will have no symptoms, or may have only mild symptoms, others will have more severe and disruptive symptoms. Some of the symptoms of fibroid are:
- Heavy or prolonged menstrual periods
- Between menstrual periods there could be abnormal bleeding
- Pelvic pain (caused as the tumour presses on pelvic organs)
- Frequent urination
- Low back pain
- Pain during intercourse
- During the examination the doctor can feel and recognize a firm mass, often located near the middle of the pelvis.
Medical Test /Diagnosis for Fibroid Treatment
Fibroids are most often found during a routine pelvic examination. It can be diagnosed by the following tests:
- An abdominal examination
- Transvaginal ultrasound
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Endometrial biopsy
- Blood test
Fibroid Removal Treatment and Procedures
The Surgical removal of fibroid (myomectomy) can be performed in different ways depending on the number, size and location of the patient’s fibroids. Accordingly the following procedures can be performed:
- Hysteroscopy:Involves inserting a thin and lighted telescope or viewing instrument through the vagina and into the uterus. This procedure is used to remove fibroids on the inner wall of the uterus that have not grown deep into the uterine wall.
- Laparoscopy: In this procedure one or more small incisions are made and a lighted viewing instrument is used. This procedure is done for removing one or two fibroids which are up to about 2 inches (5.1 cm) across. In this case the fibroids are growing on the outside of the uterus.
- Laparotomy: A larger incision is made in the abdomen to gain access to the abdominal cavity. Laparotomy is conducted to remove large fibroids, many fibroids or fibroids that would have grown deep into the uterine wall.
After Procedure – Hospital Stay and Recovery Time
Duration or Days to be spent in the hospital would depend according to the procedure:
- Hysteroscopy is an outpatient procedure and requires a few days to two weeks to recover.
- Laparoscopy may be an outpatient procedure or may require a stay of one day. This procedure requires one to two weeks to recover.
- Laparotomy requires an average stay of one to four days and requires four to six weeks to recover.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Fibroid Removal Treatment
Following are the factors which will affect the treatment cost:
- The hospital that the patient is opting for would be an important determinant of the total treatment cost
- Category of the Room taken and number of nights – There are different prices for standard single room, deluxe room or a super deluxe room. This could also include nursing fee, meals, room rate and room service
- Operating room, ICU costs
- Fee for the team of doctors (Surgeons, Anesthetist, Dietician )
- Cost of Medicines
- Standard Tests and diagnostic procedures
- Cost will also vary depending on surgical procedure performed.