- Medanta Hospital was founded in 2009 by the renowned Cardiovascular and Cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. NareshTrehan.
- Medanta’s massive 2.1 million sq. ft. campus provides 1,600+ beds and houses facilities for over 22+ super-specialties, all under one roof.
- Each floor is dedicated to a specialisation to ensure that they function as independent hospitals within a hospital and yet have the comfort of collaborating on complex cases.
- Patients are provided with multiple options for treatment, the most suitable of which are arrived at through a cross-function, cross-specialisation committee such as Tumor board that decides the best course of action
- The hospital is both NABH and NABL accredited.
- Centers of excellence include the Heart Institute, Institute of Neurosciences, Bone & Joint Institute, Kidney & Urology Institute, Cancer Institute and Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology.
- It is the first hospital in the country that offers Robotic Surgeries in Cardiology, Urology and Gynaecology.
- Awarded as the Best Multispecialty Hospital by Asia’s First Bloodless Bone Marrow Transplant HealthCare Global Enterprises (HCG) in 2010.
- Awarded the VC Circle Healthcare Awards for Single Specialty Healthcare Entity category in 2013.
Team And Specialties
- In January 2013, a panel of doctors from Medanta, headed by Dr. A.S.Soin performed the first successful intestinal transplant in India.
- The Medanta team has performed more than 15,000 cardiac surgeries and 2500 joint replacement surgeries.
- Has performed over 500 living donor liver transplants. It is the highest number of liver transplants done in India and the 2nd highest in the world.
- The hospital has also set a world record for performing the highest number of Total Knee Replacements (30 surgeries a day) in the least amount of time.
- Has American Heart Association certified International Training Centre.
- Offers customized training programs for doctors, nurses, paramedical staff and community people.
- Offers training rooms, library area, a simulation lab well equipped with audio visual training aids, access to digital resources and expert full time faculty.