- Fortis Malar Hospital, formerly known as Malar Hospital, is one of the distinguished multi super-specialty corporate hospitals in Chennai providing comprehensive medical care in areas of cardiology, cardio-thoracic surgery, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, nephrology, gynecology, gastroenterology, urology, pediatrics, diabetics and so on.
- Established in 1992, Malar Hospital became a household name for tertiary care hospital services in Chennai over the years. Late 2007, Fortis Healthcare – India’s fastest growing hospital network, led by the vision of late Dr. Parvinder Singh of creating an integrated healthcare delivery system in India acquired stakes Malar Hospital Limited. Thus, paving the way to superlative healthcare services!
- Fortis Malar Hospital has a vast pool of talented and experienced team of doctors, who are further supported by a team of highly qualified, experienced & dedicated support staff & cutting edge technology.
- Currently, more than 160 consultants and 650 employees work together to manage over 11000 inpatients in the last year alone.
- The hospital today has an infrastructure comprising of around 180 beds including about 60 ICU beds, 4 Operation theaters, state-of-the-art digital flat panel Cath lab, an ultra-modern dialysis unit besides a host of other world-class facilities.
- With unparalleled medical expertise supported by state-of-the-art infrastructure, Fortis Malar today is undoubtedly the most preferred healthcare destinations in Chennai catering to healthcare needs of people across the world.
- Conveniently located in South Chennai, approximately 12 kilometers away from Central Railway Station & Egmore Railway Station and 13 kilometers away from the Domestic & International Airport, it gives an excellent accessibility to both domestic and international patients.
Team And Specialties
- Fortis Malar Hospital has a vast pool of talented and experienced team of doctors, who are further supported by a team of highly qualified, experienced & dedicated support staff & cutting edge technology
- Heart care
- Brain & spine care
- Bone & joint care
- Nephro & uro care
- Digestive care
- Blood care
- Respiratory care
- Women & Child care
- Eye & Ear care
- Skin care