- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, was established in 1983. Undaunted and unfazed by the obstacles faced, Apollo Hospitals has ever since nurtured a goal which read as “Our mission is to bring healthcare of international standards within the reach of every individual. We are committed to the achievement and maintenance of excellence in education, research and healthcare for the benefit of humanity”.
- In the years since, it has scripted one of the most magnificent stories of success that India has seen. Today it is one of the most respected hospitals in the world and is also amongst the most preferred destinations for patients from several parts of India, as well as for medical tourism and medical value travel.
- The hospital has created a name for itself in the healthcare sector through cutting-edge innovation in medical procedures and technological advancements.
- It has over 60 departments, spearheaded by internationally trained and skillful medical experts who are supported by dedicated patient care personnel.
- They have state-of-the-art facilities for various health ailments and disorders.
- At Apollo Hospitals, we unite exceptional clinical success rates and superior technology with centuries old traditions of care and warmth
- First Indian hospital to introduce techniques in coronary angioplasty, stereotactic radiotherapy and radio-surgery (for brain tumours).
- Major specialties includes Heart, Cancer, Bones, Joints & Spine, Organ Transplants, Neurology, Gastro & Colorectal, Bariatric Surgery, Gynaecology & Infertility and Ophthalmology.
- First Indian hospital to be awarded the IS0 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications.
- First hospital in South India to be accredited by the Joint Commission International USA and subsequently reaccredited 4 times.
- Declared as the ‘Centre of Excellence’ by the Government of India.
- Voted several times as the “Best Private Sector Hospital in India” by The Week magazine.
- Bagged the top 2 positions in the All India Multispecialty Hospital Survey 2016 conducted by Times Health.
- NABH and JCI Accredited
Team And Specialties
- For the first time in India, ‘Only Pancreas’ transplant was successfully performed in Apollo Hospital.
- The hospital has also successfully performed Asia’s first en-bloc combined heart & liver transplant attaining a remarkable achievement in the global healthcare space.
- Receives over 10,000 pharmacy walk-ins, 2200 admissions, and over 3000 emergency cases daily.
- Doctors and staff perform numerous services including 800 CT scans, 400 MRIs, 40 Cardiac Surgeries, 700 Dialysis procedures, and 3-4 organ transplants per day.
Centres of Excellence
Apollo Hospitals has dedicated Centres of Excellence for several key specialties and super specialties. They are unique and state of the art facilities spread across several of the Apollo hospital locations and each Centre of Excellence stands out as a citadel of excellence.
At Apollo, we consider it our prime responsibility to provide high quality clinical care to all our patients. Putting the patient at the core of our operations, we have developed robust quality standards, used expert diagnoses and treatment plans and enhanced infection and safety protocols to render them the most appropriate treatment.
- Apollo Heart Institute
- Cancer Care
- Nephrology & Urology
- Critical Care
- Bariatric Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery